Last updated May 2015
1. Who we are
We are Spark Magazine and we are owned by Lucid Fusion, Inc., a corporation registered in California, United States and with its registered office at 8935 Research Drive, Irvine, California, United States ( “us” or “we” or “our”).
We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number ZA115246 . If you would like any further information on this, you can visit the Information Commissioner’s website at http://www.ico.org.uk/
For details on how to contact us, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +1 949-502-7750.
2. How we collect information
We will collect information from you if you:
- register to use our site manually or through the Sign in with Linkedin feature; this will include your name, address, company name, industry, city, country, zipcode, email address and telephone number. We may ask you to provide additional information about your business on a voluntary basis.
- complete online forms (including call back requests), take part in surveys, write posts on any message boards, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information such as guides, white papers or other publications, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our site or which we offer to you from time to time;
- provide your contact details to us when registering to use or access any product or service we provide (including any Apps that we may offer);
- provide feedback to us or report a problem with our site; and
- contact us offline for example by telephone, fax, email or post.
We also collect information about your visit to our site using cookies or similar technologies (as described in paragraph 6 below) through the use of various technologies including the use of ‘cookies’ and ‘web beacons’ which may include technical information, including:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, any login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), items you searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any telephone number used to call our contact number.
3. What your information is used for
We may use your information to provide any information and services that you have requested or shown an interest in based on your visit history. We may also contact you for feedback on your use of our site.
We may use your information for marketing purposes as described in paragraph 5 below.
We or our third party affiliates may use your information to market products and services to you.
We may also use and analyse the information that we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our site.
We may use your information to notify you about changes to our service and to ensure that our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
4. Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- our suppliers, business partners, advertisers, sponsors, and other companies within Lucid Fusion, Inc. from time to time so they can provide you with any information that you have requested.
- advertisers and sponsors so that they can market their products and services to you.
- third parties which supply services to us or which process information on our behalf (for example, payment providers and website hosts where relevant). These third parties have incidental access to your information, but we will ensure that they keep your information secure and do not use it for their own purposes.
- another organisation to whom we transfer our agreement with you.
- another organisation if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business or assets.
- our funders or potential funders, such as our bank and with our professional advisors who have a reasonable need to see it.
We may pass collective information about the use of our site or our products or services to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with our other companies, as well as business partners and other carefully selected third parties so that they (or we) can contact you with information about products or services which we feel may be of interest to you. We or they may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post or email.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You may also request at any time that we do not share your information with any of the third parties referred to in this paragraph. If you wish to exercise these rights, you must contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at +1 949-502-7750 and establishing your preferences.
6. Cookies and Traffic Data
Cookies are small text files which are transferred from our site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use a combination of cookies to help us to provide you with a personalised service, and also to help make our site better for you. You can select your cookie preference when you visit our site. If you decide not to accept all of the cookies, you’ll still be able to use our site but some things might not work properly.
We use the following different types of cookies:
These are temporary cookies which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session on our site. We use session cookies on our site to identify and track users and to store information about your preferences. Our session cookies may also contain your customer account number, company name and email address.
Persistent cookies enable our site to ‘remember’ who you are and to remember your preferences on our site. Persistent cookies will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser.
Web analytics cookies and similar technologies
Our site uses web analytic cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around our site. This helps us make our service to you better.
Web beacons and parameter tracking
We keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our server, such as your IP address, the website that you visited before ours, and the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site statistics such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics.
How to disable cookies or change your cookie preferences.
You may be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our site. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies, see the Internet Advertising Bureau website https://www.iabuk.net/.
7. Your information
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date. If you would like to update your records or see a copy of the information that we hold about you, you can contact by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request a copy of your information you will need to pay a statutory fee which is currently £10.00. However, before we agree to this, you must provide to us sufficient evidence of your identity as well as sufficient details of the information you wish to see to enable us to locate it.
8. Security and storage information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organizational measures against its unauthorized or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Please remember that the internet and email is not always secure and whilst we will always do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our site or other products and services via an internet or similar connection and any transmission will be at your own risk.
If we have given you, or you have chosen, a password to access certain areas of our site, product or service please keep your password safe – we will not share this password with anyone.
9. Transfers outside of the EEA
Personal data within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) is protected by data protection laws but other countries outside of the EEA do not necessarily protect your personal data in the same way or give the same level of protection to your information. The EEA comprises the EU countries and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Our site and email servers are hosted in the United States and this means we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through this site, product or service outside of the EEA to the United States. When you send an email to us, this will be stored on our email servers which are hosted in the United States. We have taken steps to ensure that our hosting provider uses the necessary level of protection for your information but if you do not want your personal information to be transferred outside the EEA, you should not use this site, or our products or services, or contact us via email.
10. Other sites
If you follow a link from our site to another third party website, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for how other websites handle your information and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such third party websites and you use such third party websites at your own risk.
Thank you for visiting our site.